Top macroeconomic concerns for SMSFs in 2016
Switzer Expert Paul Rickard and AMP Capital's Chief Economist Shane Oliver discuss the key macroeconomic themes for 2016
In this webinar, Chief Economist Shane Oliver and Switzer Expert Paul Rickard discuss the key macroeconomic themes that will impact investors in 2016. Topics covered include:
- How will the US Federal Reserve tightening and European Central Bank easing play out?
- What are the challenges for Europe in 2016?
- China growth rate outlook and the impact on commodities
- Will emerging markets continue to experience volatility?
- Can the US continue to perform well relative to other markets?
- Key themes that could significantly impact Australian investors and the local market
Shane joined AMP in 1984 and is currently Chief Economist and Head of Investment Strategy. He has extensive experience analysing economic and investment cycles and what current positioning means for the return potential for different asset classes such as shares, bonds, property and infrastructure. Shane is a regular media commentator on economic and investment market issues and engages regularly with investors at public events and forums.
Paul has more than 25 years' experience in financial services and banking, including 20 years with the Commonwealth Bank Group in senior leadership roles. Paul was the founding Managing Director and CEO of CommSec, and was named Australian 'Stockbroker of the Year' in 2005. In 2012, Paul teamed up with Peter Switzer to launch the Switzer Super Report, a newsletter and website for the trustees of SMSFs.