The Global Property Securities Fund (Unhedged) (Managed Fund) ASX Code: RENT is now trading on the ASX as an active exchange traded managed fund.
Take advantage of global real estate opportunities
In the current low growth environment, global listed real estate securities are uniquely placed to offer investors a good source of income and protection against inflation. In addition, the liquidity of the asset class (which refers to the ease with which investments can be bought and sold in the market place) enables investment managers to respond quickly to market conditions, thereby taking advantage of the best investment opportunities.
The AMP Capital Global Property Securities Fund was developed to give investors access to a diversified portfolio of property securities and real estate investment trusts (REITs) listed on equity markets around the world. We provide access to investment opportunities that may otherwise require a large capital outlay and significant acquisition costs if purchased directly. By investing in a portfolio of listed real estate trusts, investors are also able to withdraw small amounts of capital if needed, and have access to a range of different types of real estate.
Find out more about AMP Capital's active exchange traded managed funds - Learn more here
"From a global perspective, as more countries introduce REIT structures, there are now even greater opportunities for global investment and portfolio diversification."
Matthew Hoult, Co-Head of Global Listed Real Estate
"Listed real estate provides access to high quality assets around the world in a highly liquid form, enabling investors to promptly respond to market conditions and readily capitalise on opportunities."
James Maydew, Co-Head of Global Listed Real Estate
A Fund built with these goals in mind
A proactive investment approach
By actively managing the fund, we are able to act on market opportunities as they arise and where we have a high conviction in the performance potential of specific companies or their listed securities.
Greater investment opportunities through regional and sector diversification
The Fund invests invests in both Australian and global listed property. This means investors have access to a broader range of property regions, sectors and securities which provide the potential for income and capital growth.
Local property specialists that understand the dynamics of their region
Investors benefit from the real estate securities skills of our teams on the ground in Sydney, Hong Kong, London and Chicago, who provide insights into local trends and changing market conditions.
Empire State BuildingLocation: New York City, USA
Owner: Empire State Realty Trust
Business: The Empire State Building is a 102-storey skyscraper located in Midtown Manhattan on Fifth Avenue, between West 33rd and 34th Streets. With new investments in energy-efficiency and infrastructure upgrades, the Empire State Building attracts tenants in a diverse array of industries. The observatories on the 86th and 102nd floor provide 360° views of New York City and beyond.
Les Quartes Tempes Location: Paris, France
Business: Les Quarte Temps is one of the largest malls in Europe, covering around 130,000 square metres. Opened in 1981, it is located in the main commercial centre in the business district of La Defense in Paris, France. The mall offers around 250 shops including a food section and a cinema complex.
How does this Fund fit into your portfolio?
The Fund is designed for investors seeking an an investment which provides the potential for sustainable income and capital growth over the long term. It can be used to complement existing solutions in a blended portfolio or it can be used individually. When used with existing solutions, the Fund fits within the growth component of an investor’s overall portfolio.
What are the risks?
- Share market investments - The Fund invests in securities that are listed on share markets around the world. This means that the Fund will be affected by any risks associated with these securities. This includes how they perform, their strategy, management, how sustainable their earnings are, and other factors that affect the value and performance of a security, as well as those associated with international investments. Adverse share market movements could result in capital losses, particularly over the shorter term.
- International investments - The relative strength or weakness of the Australian dollar against other currencies will affect the Fund’s performance.
- Property investments - Many factors affecting the property market may impact the value of the securities held by the Fund. These factors include the quality of the underlying properties, demand and supply factors, the rental profile of the properties, geographic location, and costs and losses associated with natural disasters, or other disasters or events, outside of our reasonable control.
- Investment management - Factors such as changes to the investment team may affect the Fund’s performance.
- Derivatives - Use of derivatives carries certain risks and may magnify any losses incurred.
- Liquidity - Assets subject to liquidity risk may be difficult to trade and it may take longer for their full value to be realised.
- Interest rates - There is a risk of capital loss in a rising interest rate environment.
Risks specific to active exchange traded managed funds
- Liquidity – although the units are quoted on the AQUA market of the ASX, there can be no assurance that there will be a liquid market for units, and no assurance that there will be a liquid market for the Fund’s investments.
- ASX trading price – the trading price of units on the ASX may differ from the Net Asset Value (NAV) per unit and the indicative NAV (iNAV).
- ASX trading – in certain circumstances, the ASX may suspend trading of the units of the Fund and in that event unitholders would not be able to buy or sell units of the Fund on the ASX.
- Market making – as the Responsible Entity intends to act as a market maker in the units on behalf of the Fund, the Fund will bear the cost and risk of these market making activities.
% change (prev day)
Bid * (delayed)
Offer * (delayed)
iNAV ^^ (23 Sep 4:14PM)
|Net Assets** ($A)
Units Outstanding** (#)
Management Cost^ (% p.a.)
* Data is delayed by at least 20 minutes.
** Estimated as of close of previous trading day.
^ Plus recoverable expenses. Certain additional costs apply. Please refer to the PDS.
^^ iNAV is an indicative net asset value per unit, updated during the ASX trading day for foreign exchange movements in the Fund's portfolio of stocks and for stocks that have live market prices during the day.
||Distribution Unit ($)
^ This is the annual distribution return to the end of the relevant distribution date. The distribution return reflects the contribution to total investment return made by the Fund's distributions. It is calculated as the difference between total Fund return and NAV return. NAV return is the change in the Fund's NAV price. Total return is the NAV return plus reinvestment of all distributions back to the Fund. Past performance not indicative of future performance.
How to invest
||10:00 - 16:00 (AEST)
|INAV IRESS Code
Invest via any full service or online broker.
Use the ASX code to invest:
The iNAV is provided by Interactive Data and is updated during Australian Securities Exchange trading hours. It is indicative and for reference purposes only, and is subject to Interactive Data’s terms and conditions of use which are available here.
This website has been prepared by AMP Capital Investors Ltd (ABN 59 001 777 591, AFSL 232497) (“AMP Capital”). BetaShares Capital Ltd (ACN 139 566 868, AFSL 341181 ("BetaShares") is the responsible entity and the issuer of units in the AMP CAPITAL GLOBAL PROPERTY SECURITIES FUND (UNHEDGED) (MANAGED FUND). AMP Capital is the investment manager of the Fund and has been appointed by the responsible entity to provide investment management and associated services in respect of the Fund. Investors should consider the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for the relevant Fund before making any decision regarding the Fund. The PDS contains important information about investing in each Fund and it is important investors read the PDS before making a decision about whether to acquire, continue to hold or dispose of units in the Funds. Neither BetaShares, AMP Capital, nor any other company in the AMP Group guarantees the repayment of capital or the performance of any product or any particular rate of return referred to in this information.
Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance.
While every care has been taken in the preparation of this information, BetaShares and AMP Capital make no representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of any statement in it including without limitation, any forecasts. This content has been prepared for the purpose of providing general information, without taking account of any particular investor’s objectives, financial situation or needs. Investors should, before making any investment decisions, consider the appropriateness of this information, and seek professional advice, having regard to their objectives, financial situation and needs.