The Australian Budget 2017-18, released at approximately 7.30pm (AEST) on Tuesday 9 May 2017 will set the tone for the government’s social and political priorities, and how the government intends to achieve these objectives.
AMP Capital’s coverage will go live by 0.01am (AEST) on Wednesday 10 May 2017. To ensure you receive the latest updates, please register using the form below.
Hear it first
2017-18 Australian Federal Budget is likely to focus on aiding housing affordability
In this video, Shane Oliver, Chief Economist, and Head of Investment Strategy at AMP Capital discusses what investors could expect in the Budget. He believes:
- Headline numbers may look healthier due to an improvement in commodity prices
- There will be ongoing issues on cost growth, namely in keeping welfare under control
- Investors should anticipate some action on housing
- More work to be done on the supply-side
- We may see some changes to taxation: Government is likely to retain negative gearing but capital gains discount may be reduced