Select how you would like to invest
Built and managed with retirement needs in mind
The Fund aims to provide investors with stable, risk-adjusted returns above inflation with lower volatility of returns, over the full investment cycle. It seeks to achieve this through investment in a portfolio of assets diversified across asset classes, sources of returns (from different asset types) and investment managers, and by maintaining a contemporary investment portfolio that is relevant to market conditions. As it is specifically designed for retirement, it is managed with a focus on income and franking credits. It also provides daily liquidity which gives investors peace of mind should unexpected emergencies arise.
"The Core Retirement Fund is designed specifically for investors in or close to retirement. The Fund aims to deliver a steady and smooth return over the longer term to help fund investors' living expenses in retirement"
Darren Beesley, Senior Portfolio Manager
A fund built with these goals in mind
Diversified portfolio construction
The Fund seeks to minimise investment losses in potentially adverse investment environments through diversification. It invests in a portfolio of assets that is spread across different asset classes, sectors and geographies as well as different investment managers.
Dynamic asset allocation
The Fund is actively managed, and uses dynamic asset allocation which means it has the flexibility to change the asset class mix at any time within broad ranges. This allows the portfolio manager to take advantage of market opportunities but conversely, allows the portfolio manager to adopt a more defensive position depending on market conditions.
Risk management strategies
The Fund utilises AMP Capital’s Multi-Asset Group capabilities in implementing risk management strategies, such as hedging, to help cushion the impact of major market volatility.
How does this fund fit into your portfolio?
The fund may be suitable for those who:
- Are close or in retirement and are looking for a low cost, lower volatility investment solution
- Would like the ability to access their investment in retirement to fund life’s emergencies
What are the risks?
- alternative assets – traditional risks such as credit and liquidity risk can be magnified for alternative assets.
- asset allocation – the Fund’s asset allocation strategy does not guarantee positive investment performance at all stages of the investment cycle.
- derivatives – the use of derivatives may magnify any losses incurred.
- interest rates – including the risk of capital loss in a rising interest rate environment.
- international investments – including losses related to currency exchange rates, hedging, and changes in the state of the Australian and world economies.
- investment management – there is a risk that the investment manager will not perform to expectation or factors such as changes to the investment team or a change of investment manager may affect the Fund’s performance.
- property investments – factors such as the quality of underlying properties and geographic location may affect the Fund’s performance.
- securities lending – although engaging in securities lending by underlying funds in which the Fund invests may benefit the Fund by providing increased returns, there is a risk of capital loss.
- share market investments – the value of the Fund’s investment in listed securities may decrease as a result of adverse share market movements.
||The Fund aims to deliver returns of the Consumer Price Index (CPI) +3.5% before fees, including franking credits over rolling 5-year periods.
|Minimum suggested timeframe
||A$ 0 - On-platform Class A
|Risk level (1 - 7)
||3. Low to Medium
The Fund's risk level is based on the estimated number of negative annual returns for the Fund over any 20 year period and is not a complete assessment of the risks of investing in the Fund. For instance it does not detail what the size of a negative return could be or the potential for a positive return to be less than an investor may require to meet their objectives. Consequently, before choosing to invest or reinvest in the Fund, you should read the Fund's PDS and incorporated information and consider factors such as the likely investment return, the risks of investing and your investment time frame. Information about the methodology used for calculating the risk level is available here.
How to invest
Complete the application
The Zenith Investment Partners (“Zenith”) Australian Financial Services License No. 226872 rating (assigned October 2017) referred to in this document is limited to “General Advice” (as defined by the Corporations Act 2001) for Wholesale clients only. This advice has been prepared without taking into account the objectives, financial situation or needs of any individual. It is not a specific recommendation to purchase, sell or hold the relevant product(s). Investors should seek independent financial advice before making an investment decision and should consider the appropriateness of this advice in light of their own objectives, financial situation and needs. Investors should obtain a copy of, and consider the PDS or offer document before making any decision and refer to the full Zenith Product Assessment available on the Zenith website. Zenith usually charges the product issuer, fund manager or a related party to conduct Product Assessments. Full details regarding Zenith’s methodology, ratings definitions and regulatory compliance are available on our Product Assessment’s and at http://www.zenithpartners.com.au/RegulatoryGuidelines
AMP Capital Funds Management Limited (ABN 15 159 557 721, AFSL 426455) (AMPCFM) is the responsible entity of the AMP Capital Core Retirement Fund (Fund), also known as the MyNorth Retirement Fund, and the issuer of the units in the Fund. To invest in the Fund, investors will need to obtain the current Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) from AMP Capital Investors Limited (ABN 59 001 777 591, AFSL 232 497) (AMP Capital). The PDS contains important information about investing in the Fund and it is important that investors read the PDS before making a decision about whether to acquire, or continue to hold or dispose of units in the Fund. Neither AMP Capital, AMPCFM nor any other company in the AMP group guarantees the repayment of capital or the performance of any product. This document has been prepared for the purpose of providing general information, without taking account of any particular investor’s objectives, financial situation or needs. Investors should, before making any investment decisions, consider the appropriateness of the information in this document, and seek professional advice, having regard to their objectives, financial situation and needs. The adviser remains responsible for any advice/ services they provide to clients including making their own inquiries and ensuring that the advice/ services are appropriate and in accordance with all legal requirements. Therefore, advisers must not attribute any advice/service to AMP Capital or in any way suggest that AMP Capital is the author of any part of that advice/service.